From 17-22 September 2012, Ruthie Henshall, Paul Schofield, Stephen Maclachlan, and Lewis Andrews, took to the stage in the Matcham Room at the Hippodrome Casino, London for a performance of favourite numbers, new material, and anecdotes from the stage and beyond.
Ruthie Henshall together with her special guests Kerry Ellis, stars of Eric and Little Ern and a whopping ten piece band, appeared at the Apex, Bury St Edmunds on Sunday 5th March 2017 as part of a fundraising event to support the Theatre Royal, Bury St Edmunds.
Ruthie Henshall and her band take you on a musical journey through her extraordinary career, from working with Lionel Bart, playing in Chicago on Broadway and starring in Les Misérables, to receiving her Olivier Award. This new and personal show is your chance to hear Ruthie’s story in her own words as well as some of the defining songs of her life, onstage and off.
The evening draws from a broad range of genres, from the Great American Songbook right through to contemporary tunes significant to Ruthie now: Don’t Rain On My Parade, I Dreamed A Dream, All That Jazz, Electricity, Nice Work If You Can Get It, Adelaide’s Lament, I’ve Loved These Days, Vincent (Starry Starry Night) – and many more of her favourites.
- A Hard Day’s Night – (LENNON/MCCARTNEY)
- Don’t Rain On My Parade – (MERRILL/STYNE)
- Nice Work If You Can Get It – (GERSHWIN/GERSHWIN)
- Adelaide’s Lament – (LOESSER)
- Electricity – (JOHN)
- Poisoning Pigeons In The Park – (LEHRER)
- Send In The Clowns – (SONDHEIM)
- Blizzard Of Lies – (FRISHBERG/FRISHBERG)
- I Dreamed A Dream – (BOUBLIL/SCHOENBERG)
- When You’re Good To Mama – (KANDER/EBB)
- Vanilla Ice-Cream – (HARNICK/BOCK)
- Vincent – (MCCLEAN)
- The Siren Song – (CLIMIE/PRICHETT)
- Both Sides Now – (MITCHELL)
- They All Laughed – (GERSHWIN/GERSHWIN)
- Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel) – (JOEL)
- All That Jazz – (KANDER/EBB)
- I’ve Loved These Days – (JOEL)
*Setlist subject to change and may occasionally accommodate guest performances
- Ruthie Henshall
- Polly Ingham – Producer
- Paul Schofield – Musical Director/Keys
- Lewis Andrews – Guitar/Bass
- Stephen MacLachlan – Drums
- Joshua Carr – Lighting Design
- Andy Grange – Re-lighter